professional identity card
Since many years, the Internationale Gesellschaft der Bildenden Künste (IGBK) issues the IAA international Identity Card for professional visual artists (residing in Germany). It includes ticket price reductions or free admission to many art museums and numerous galleries – in Germany as well as worldwide. The identity card is valid for two years.
All organized and non-organized visual artists (no students) can easily apply for the identity card. We need the following information:
- A verification of your professional artistic activity. You can for example send us your CV or refer to your website to give us a short overview about your last year's exhibitions. You can send us all information via mail, e-mail or fax.
- Alternative to that and if you are a member of either BBK (not bbk berlin), Deutscher Künstlerbund or GEDOK (only the section "visual arts"), send us a copy of your membership card.
- Furthermore we need a photo and your permanent address in Germany to send you the identity card.
- After having checked your request briefly, we send you our banking account numbers. You should then transfer the administrative charge of 35,– Euro or the reduced amount of 10,– for BBK, Deutscher Künstlerbund or GEDOK members.
You can send us all information via mail or e-mail.
You can contact us via:
Internationale Gesellschaft der Bildenden Künste (IGBK)
+49 (0)30 23 45 76 66
Additional useful information:
- Since August 2012 the Berlin based company "Modulor" allows a discount of 10 % (on all discountable articles) for all owners of the identity card.
- Have a look at the listing of all museums in Germany accepting the international Identity Card (effective August 2015).
- On the IAA Europe website you will find listings of other countries with information about the acceptence of the IAA card.